Monday, February 9, 2009

i love feeling convicted

everyday. pride. anger. envy. it's a subtle feeling getting convicted, and i never really grasp the entire concept because i still struggle with these sins. thankfully, God just puts me in my place.

but once and a while, God convicts me through these huge revealing moments. it's during these times where i realize the full extent of my sin, my disobedience, unworthiness, and lack of faith. not to mention it's usually pretty sudden so it's completely emotionally draining.

and i love love love it.

even though God breaks me down completely and i feel so much sorrow and shame for not understanding before, it's really only through convictions where i know God is working in me. it's these moments where i can really, strongly feel God's presence, and even more, His love. for it is only because He loves us that he is willing to convict us--to bring us closer to Him, so that we can enjoy Him for all that He is. and as frustrating and draining as it can be, being convicted gives me hope that God has not given up on me. & i know that by faith alone, He can guide me away from the things that hold me back from loving Him with all I have.

so, i pray i keep getting convicted. i know there's a lot more on the way, and i'm truly thankful.

on another note, i probably spent an hour figuring out this blog-template business. never again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home