Thursday, February 19, 2009

Simplicity

I was ordering a smoothie today, and it was really hard because I wanted everything in it. I ended up adding random fruits into a basic mango peach smoothie. Then I took a sip, and realized something really.. simple.

I tend to like fancy, extravagant things. My food is always doused with crazy toppings. I always have these ideas that are so complicated sometimes that they are way over my head. I'm never satisfied with the simple.

As a high-schooler, I had big, big, big dreams. I wanted to change the world, and the only way I thought I could was through these unrealistic goals. Even now, as my views of my future shift, I still hold onto the desire to do something lavish and grand.

Maybe it is in the simplest things that we can make the greatest impact. As I drank my smoothie with mango, peach, banana, passionfruit, and 10-fruit juices.. I realized that maybe I think so complex that I tend to overlook the basics. I need to hold onto the simplicity that God offers. God's message is to know Him and follow Him with all your heart. It's so simple yet I add on all these grand thoughts that I lose track of the real reason. I want the only reason for ALL my choices to be "for God's glory". God doesn't demand lifestyle that directly changes the world. All He wants is faithfulness, and that lifestyle can be seen in the simplest forms.

Maybe I won't be traveling around the world or ever be featured on Oprah. But if what I am doing is for God, I will be satisfied whereever He puts me. As long as I am following God, then it will be His will and for His glory. I realize only God can change the world, and I only hope to be a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home