Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Christ is the ONLY WAY

I was contemplating blogging this because family for me is a touchy subject as always. But I must blog it out because I can't write that fast on paper.

I LOVE MY MOM AND MY SISTER. I LOVE them, and I think I just recently realized this. They mean so much to me. I used to get so annoyed by them (I still kind of do) because they have the weirdest quirks and high demands but GAH I LOVE THEM I LOVE THEM I LOVE THEM.

And I want them to come to God. I want them to see the truth and experience the magnificent joy that I have found. And I think I used to be afraid of what they thought of me because I wanted us to be on good terms. I didn't want awkwardness, I didn't want them to think I was crazy... so I stayed fairly silent.

But I think during these past couple weeks, I have realized HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM. And I think when you know you love somebody, you want them to know Christ INSANELY BAD. Because Christ is the TRUTH, He is the LIGHT, and He has the ONLY PATH to SALVATION and REDEMPTION of our sins. If I understood that, what would I have to fear??? Sometimes I lose sight of how GREAT Christ is and how TRUE and REAL He is. CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY. HE IS THE ONLY WAY.

And now that I have captured the greatness of Christ again, I think I am free from the fear that I had with mom and sister.

Our family is so broken.. we're weird and crazy and messed up and putting the three of us together is usually guaranteed for disaster. I used to dream in middle school through high school of the future.. the family we would become. I seriously used to think of a time in the future (like when Sandy and I are in our late 20s).. when mom would change..when sister would forgive..when love was genuine. we'd finally be able to let go of the chains that kept our family from being..happy. We'll finally be that happy family that mom always pretends we are. And I realize it now.. CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY, that this can happen. People just don't change..people just don't forgive..people just don't love, without Christ. The only way I know our family can be mended is through Christ. If they knew who Christ was..and the TRUTH of God's will.. His glory..His authority.. His LOVE.. Christ is the only way.

Lord, help me trust in your work with my mom and sister. Help me have peace, knowing that in the end, your will will be done. And may that give me peace and joy. Tear down their idols and open their eyes. If they could only see a glimpse of who you are, God, I know they would see how great your love is and how real and living you are. Lord I know how much you love them.. God, would you reveal yourself to them?

*if this made no sense please disregard because I don't know how to make this private.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home